pam_chroot

From: Nick Twaddell (nick_at_webspacesolutions.com)
Date: 01/13/04

    To: <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
    Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:38:28 -0800

    Has anyone got the pam_chroot module to successfully work in FreeBSD? I
    have FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE installed. I copied the appropriate binaries and
    libraries into my chroot, I can chroot -u test -g test /home/test
    /usr/local/bin/bash and it works perfectly. So now I am trying to get the
    pam module to work. I added
    session required pam_chroot.so debug
    into the /etc/pam.d/sshd file. I changed my passwd file so my home dir is
    /home/test/./

    when I try to login as that user, it just kicks me right now. There are no
    errors in the log :(

    Connection to wp1 closed by remote host.
    Connection to wp1 closed.

    Maybe someone in here can help.

    Nick

    • pam_chroot
      ... Has anyone got the pam_chroot module to successfully work in FreeBSD? ... libraries into my chroot, I can chroot -u test -g test /home/test ... Nick Twaddell ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Init.c, making it chroot
      ... :> For this to work, i'd like to know at what point do i call chroot(), ... DVD-ROM with FreeBSD and DragonFly BSD on it. ... I decided to add the feature to DragonFly BSD's ... that a committer will pick it up. ...
      (freebsd-hackers)
    • Re: Init.c, making it chroot
      ... Oliver Fromme writes: ... DVD-ROM with FreeBSD and DragonFly BSD on it. ... I decided to add the feature to DragonFly BSD's ... The chroot() patch has been committed with r1.6. ...
      (freebsd-hackers)
    • chroot versus jail for the name daemon
      ... The FreeBSD Handbook describes running BIND in a sandbox, ... theoretically cannot attack the real root of the filesystem, ... is within the chroot path. ... recommend putting named into a jail instead. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: pam_chroot
      ... > Has anyone got the pam_chroot module to successfully work in FreeBSD? ... > pam module to work. ... and group files from your /etc/ directory, remove the entries you do not ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)