Binary updates for FreeBSD 5.x

From: Colin Percival (colin.percival_at_wadham.ox.ac.uk)
Date: 01/10/04

    Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:11:24 +0000
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org

       I am now building binary security updates for FreeBSD 5.x, for use with
    FreeBSD Update. This has taken rather longer than I expected -- I thought
    I would be at this point in mid-November -- but porting the update-building
    code to run on FreeBSD 5.x took rather longer than I expected. For details
    about how to use these updates, please see the FreeBSD Update web site at
    http://www.daemonology.net/freebsd-update/
       A couple notes are in order: First, I am not a FreeBSD committer, and
    FreeBSD Update is in no way endorsed by the FreeBSD Project or the Security
    Officer; this is something I'm providing on my own and you should only use
    these updates if you're willing to trust your systems' security to *me*
    personally. Second, FreeBSD Update merely tracks the security branches in
    the FreeBSD CVS repository; consequently, while I am building updates for
    FreeBSD 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 5.0 and 5.1 (and will start building updates for
    FreeBSD 5.2 when it is released), the updates for FreeBSD 4.7 and 5.0 may
    not reflect all existing security issues, since support for those releases
    has officially ended.
       Thanks to all the donors who contributed to allow me to purchase the
    system I'm using to build these updates; in particular, bsdmall.com and
    the readership of slashdot.jp made large contributions.

    Colin Percival