Re: Logging user activities

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek (nick_at_garage.freebsd.pl)
Date: 01/09/04

    Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 15:06:57 +0100
    To: Richard Bejtlich <richard_bejtlich@yahoo.com>

    On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 01:04:30PM -0800, Richard Bejtlich wrote:
    +> They include using 'chflags sappnd .bash_history',
    +> enabling process accounting, and the like.
    +>
    +> My goal is to "watch the watchers," i.e. watch for
    +> abuse of power by SOC people with the ability to view
    +> traffic captured by sniffers.

    Just forget about those methods.
    The only right way for such things is to monitor execve(2) syscall
    on kernel level.

    Look at:

            http://garage.freebsd.pl/lrexec.README
            http://garage.freebsd.pl/lrexec.tbz

    --
    Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       pawel@dawidek.net
    UNIX Systems Programmer/Administrator     http://garage.freebsd.pl

    • Amerikkka 2010: Voyeur Nation.
      ... Images of 2010, gobbled up by a nation of watchers ... become a nation of watchers, ... we could watch in real time as a huge ...
      (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
    • Re: What Did You Watch? 2010-10-04 (Monday)
      ... Can't speak for anyone else, but I watch it (when I can, I'm not like ... Unlike a lot of Chuck ... watchers, I actually loathe most of the Buy More employee stuff, aside ... And, yeah, we LIKE watching giant robots getting ...
      (rec.arts.tv)
    • Re: Unintentionally Hilarious Deborah Norville Quote
      ... watchers. ... Lots of people watch TV for escapist crap. ... Would this be a bad time to confess that I love Dancing With the Stars? ... actually know that I think it's dumb. ...
      (rec.arts.mystery)
    • Despite Warnings, Most U.S.Babies Watch Television
      ... United States watch about four hours of television every day. ... "Parents are getting the message loud and clear from marketers of TV ... watchers and 42 percent of those who watched three hours or more. ...
      (comp.dcom.telecom)