Re: interface bonding

From: John (strgout_at_unixjunkie.com)
Date: 12/30/03

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:15:39 -0600
To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 10:13:41PM +0200, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 10:48:12AM -0800, Richard Bejtlich wrote:
> > Thanks to Dmitry's tip on ng_eiface, I'm happy to
> > report using the following configuration to bond
> > interfaces with ng_one2many and a virtual interface
> > ngeth0.
> >
> > sf2 and sf3 are real interfaces connected to my 10/100
> > tap.
> > --
> > kldload ng_ether
> > kldload ng_one2many
> > ifconfig sf2 promisc -arp up
> > ifconfig sf3 promisc -arp up
> > ngctl mkpeer . eiface hook ether
> > ngctl mkpeer ngeth0: one2many lower one
> > ngctl connect sf2: ngeth0:lower lower many0
> > ngctl connect sf3: ngeth0:lower lower many1
> > ifconfig ngeth0 -arp up
> > --
> >
> > It works:
> >
> You can also try to dispense with ng_ether(4) completely
> by attaching the "ether" hook of the eiface node to the
> one2many's "one" hook directly.
>

> Cheers,
> --
> Ruslan Ermilov
> FreeBSD committer
> ru@FreeBSD.org

Sorry netgraph is a little over my head on config, can you show an example?

  • Re: Neat idea...
    ... configuration. ... The phase harmonic collector will then align with tap 3 on the ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: Power Outage, Changed Language
    ... tap, tap, and hit the ... Try> hitting F8 ... > at the initial startup and choosing the Last Known Good Configuration> from ... >> when rebooted came up in some other language. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Failed laptop
    ... seems to die leaving a black screen with blinking cursor. ... Tap the F8 key during bootup and select "Last known good configuration". ... Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: Failed laptop
    ... seems to die leaving a black screen with blinking cursor. ... Tap the F8 key during bootup and select "Last known good configuration". ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: USB 2.0 boot problem
    ... Did you run TAP or TA to get the platform components? ... I thought that the configuration was good: if I run it using an hard disk all the processes end with no errors; the problems arise when I copy the post-fba files on an USB disk or I try to run the pre-fba directly using the USB disk. ... In the first configuration I tryed using the TAP created configuration, in the second one just inserting some components manually; in both cases the configuration functions saving the file on the hard disk, but doesn't function putting them on the USB disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)