Re: interface bonding

From: Richard Bejtlich (richard_bejtlich_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 12/21/03

    Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:28:14 -0800 (PST)
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    Hello,

    I operate http://taosecurity.blogspot.com and
    http://www.taosecurity.com.

    I posted a method to use ng_one2many for bonding
    interfaces here in June:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=105585533810122&w=2

    That method relies on three real interfaces: the two
    to be bonded and a third against which traffic is
    mirrored.

    I've not had luck creating a third "virtual" interface
    against which to sniff.

    Using ng_fec, however, a fec0 interface us created
    automatically. That's what I'm using now on my NSM
    sensor and it works fine.

    I appreciate any hints on creating a virtual interface
    to use for sniffing with ng_one2many. If you can
    help me do that I'll use ng_one2many instead of
    ng_fec. ng_fec doesn't have a man page, which is
    enough for me to avoid it if possible. :)

    Thank you,

    Richard
    http://www.taosecurity.com

    • Re: inout signal in an interface
      ... correct scheme for your testbench-style interface is... ... interface cpu_if(input bit reset, input bit clock); ... // Connect the virtual interface to the real one ...
      (comp.lang.verilog)
    • cisco VPN ipsec tunnel virtual interface operation detail question
      ... Basically I am not clear about the virtual interface and physical ... interface interaction in the whole communication process, ... VPN server CISCO VPN concentrator 3000, ... interface get activated and routing table get changed. ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • cisco VPN ipsec tunnel virtual interface operation detail question
      ... Basically I am not clear about the virtual interface and physical ... interface interaction in the whole communication process, ... VPN server CISCO VPN concentrator 3000, ... interface get activated and routing table get changed. ...
      (comp.dcom.vpn)
    • Re: Defualt ip address out
      ... interface and/or it's IP address that changed, ... routing, and what purpose the virtual interface eth0:1 is serving I cannot ... What error messages does ssh, etc give you, exactly? ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Trying to make a Host into a gigabit hub for testing
      ... try to set multiple hooks to the same interface it fails, ... virtual interface out multiple different interfaces, ... Before sending 3 pings accross em2: ... Opkts Oerrs ...
      (freebsd-net)