FBSD All-in-one security box?

From: twig les (twigles_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/05/03

    Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:01:58 -0800 (PST)
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    Hey *, as I sweat through another day of crap dealing with an
    all-in-one box (firewall, IDS, AVS, report generating, soon to
    be a VPN server) I'm wondering if someone has started a project
    to put some freeware together in some semblance of sanity on a
    FBSD box. There's basically nothing that this box does that a
    combo of IPFW (or another bsd filter), snort, ntop, and some
    other freeware stuff can't do.

    As usual the problems I face stem from feature-overload, since
    the vendor has one crappy feature and then adds another crappy
    feature instead of fixing the first one so they can market the
    box better. I'm thinking that since the tools I mentioned are
    already fairly mature and robust, all that's needed is some
    sewing and, when core functionality is achieved, a GUI.

    This sounds like a fun project IMO, but I don't want to
    re-invent the wheel, especially when I have no spare time.

    =====

    • Re: FBSD All-in-one security box?
      ... > the vendor has one crappy feature and then adds another crappy ... > Protect your identity with Yahoo! ... Mail AddressGuard ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: (OT) Another computer problem
      ... Yahoo calls the feature "See it before you click it" so you have ... Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition provides ... Web sites, from the most basic HTML to more advanced ASP.NET pages or SQL ...
      (alt.autos.toyota)
    • Re: (OT) Another computer problem
      ... To turn the feature off: ... From the yahoo main page, click on the "My Yahoo" link near the ... The problem is with basic features built into the ... A properly designed Webpage will never hijack the User Experience in the way ...
      (alt.autos.toyota)
    • Re: More OT computer stuff
      ... with yahoo, and everything to do with your browser. ... The autofill feature is SOFTWARE specific ... software builds and that it is now a part of public domain -- fire off a ... "complaint" to the Google Chrome development team (I understand this version ...
      (rec.sport.billiard)
    • Re: More OT computer stuff
      ... the feature that you're describing is not currently available. ... yet to find someplace to send my comments to Google, but then again, I just ... I asked Yahoo about that ... "complaint" to the Google Chrome development team (I understand this ...
      (rec.sport.billiard)