FBSD All-in-one security box?

From: twig les (twigles_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/05/03

    Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:01:58 -0800 (PST)
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    Hey *, as I sweat through another day of crap dealing with an
    all-in-one box (firewall, IDS, AVS, report generating, soon to
    be a VPN server) I'm wondering if someone has started a project
    to put some freeware together in some semblance of sanity on a
    FBSD box. There's basically nothing that this box does that a
    combo of IPFW (or another bsd filter), snort, ntop, and some
    other freeware stuff can't do.

    As usual the problems I face stem from feature-overload, since
    the vendor has one crappy feature and then adds another crappy
    feature instead of fixing the first one so they can market the
    box better. I'm thinking that since the tools I mentioned are
    already fairly mature and robust, all that's needed is some
    sewing and, when core functionality is achieved, a GUI.

    This sounds like a fun project IMO, but I don't want to
    re-invent the wheel, especially when I have no spare time.

    =====