SA-03:12: sshd stops to answer queries after applying the patch

From: Illia Baidakov (
Date: 09/17/03

    Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:54:24 +0400

    Hello freebsd-security,

      I've applied the patch from
      for my 4.8 stable last cvsuped at 20 aug 2003.
      Now 'ssh -l user localhost' says:
      ssh_exchange_identification: connection closed by remote host

      Trying remote connections have the same result.
      sshd.log with log level 'verbose' does not contains any messages about
      incoming connections. Messages and othes logs are clear too. ipfw rules have not
      been changed.
      netstat lists me the listening socket for *.22

      How should I correct this problem?

      Does anybody faced with such a problem up?

    Best regards,

    • SSH based TCP proxy as library wedge
      ... Acts as a library intercept wedge that causes TCP connections to be handled ... for a running SOCKS proxy (which could be an SSH client process doing dynamic ... connection forwarding. ... part of this project and therefore must be installed on the remote host. ...
    • Re: UltraVNC but with pass though printer support?
      ... I would think while connected to the remote host that any print ... RDP is supported in Windows XP and you ... host for unsolicited inbound connections. ... remote host that it knows how to format the output so your local printer ...
    • Re: samba 3 on CURRENT and net.inet.tcp.blackhole
      ... "net.inet.tcp.blackhole changes the behaviour of refused incoming TCP ... connections and it doesn't seem possible it's the cause this problem. ... I'd sugest increasing the log level in smb.conf." ...
    • Re: SMTP does not deliver to local domain
      ... The error just says it was disconnected, no reason provided but do you have ... SMTP set to only accept connections from certain ip addresses? ... to the remote domain '' for the following reason: ... connection was dropped by the remote host. ...
    • Exchange 5.5
      ... the server would not accept an e-mail. ... remote host said: 421 is not accepting new ... connections. ...