Re: freebsd-security Digest, Vol 26, Issue 1

From: michael (michael_at_nettmail.de)
Date: 09/17/03

    Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:35:15 +0200
    To: Nikolay Kanchev <niki@amk-drives.bg>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    Hi,

    you should also disable the booting from cdrom or
    better remove the connctor-cable from the cdrom-drive.

    I be an experienced Admin and I know how to mount bsd-partitions
    w/o any logging.....use the SuSE-8.2 cdrom and start the rescue-system
    (i know not if it is possible with the original CD, may
    i have an modified frm me) this allow you to mount any partition
    an slice on the disks in the physical system.

    And at this point you have loosed all the security-solutions in the
    BSD themselfes. You should really connect an special crafted
    Hardware-Keylogger.

    I mean you can found an plan from this whit modified cabling
    to log the keystrokes to an another box (doubling and logging)
    or to logging into the serial-interface from another box..

    btw

    Michael

    • Re: SUCCESS AT LAST
      ... >> "If the game wants to run from the CD, then your problem is that you ... >> not mount the CDROM drive in the .conf file or manually. ... guess you have to do two separate lines for the two drives.. ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure)
    • Re: cant mount drive
      ... > through the driver that runs the device. ... > mulfunctioning or something else is fixing itself on the cdrom. ... When I bootup it is giving an error of mount fd type ro is not ... The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in ...
      (Fedora)
    • cannot mount cdrom!
      ... This is a normal ATAPI IDE cdrom drive, ... This is what happens when I try to mount ... Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20 ... hdc: command error: status=0x51 ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: SUCCESS AT LAST
      ... >> not mount the CDROM drive in the .conf file or manually. ... >> where you put the correct drive letter for your system." ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure)
    • Re: SUCCESS AT LAST
      ... "If the game wants to run from the CD, then your problem is that you did not mount the CDROM drive in the .conf file or manually. ... I guess in your example above, you are saying if E was the hard drive you were installing the game on, and using f: as a Cdrom, you would type the above. ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure)