Re: EoL dates

From: Colin Percival (colin.percival_at_wadham.ox.ac.uk)
Date: 08/24/03

    Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:14:31 -0700
    To: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>

    At 10:03 24/08/2003 -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
    >On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 06:45:50AM -0700, Colin Percival wrote:
    > > Is there any reason why releases have EoL dates after only 12
    > > months?
    >
    >They are supported by unpaid volunteers who have a limit to the amount
    >of free time they can donate to the project.

       Either I'm missing your point, or you're missing my point. There are
    five release branches now which are "not officially supported", but I have
    yet to see any circumstance where they have, in fact, not been
    supported. If those branches were not being supported because people were
    too busy to support them, I'd understand perfectly; but as far as I can
    see, those branches *are* being supported.

    Colin Percival

    • Re: removing menus when uninstalling an AddIn
      ... In order to make the custom command bar and controls do not remain in the ... Object missing = Type.Missing; ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
      (microsoft.public.office.developer.com.add_ins)
    • Re: CommandBarButton click event does not fire
      ... "Amazon", missing, missing, true); ... private void OpenTaskPaneButton_Click(Office.CommandBarButton Ctrl, ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...