Re: Problems with JAIL in 4.8R

From: Peter Pentchev (roam_at_ringlet.net)
Date: 08/05/03

    Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 13:14:17 +0300
    To: stakys@punktas.lt

    On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 12:56:36PM -0000, stakys@punktas.lt wrote:
    > Hi, i've set the outside ip for the jail..It works.. When i try to ssh to
    > jail'ed system from the main system (in which is created jail) the
    > connection is successful, but when i try to connect to jailed system from
    > anywhere else i get this message:
    > ssh: connect to host IP_NUMBER port 22: Operation timed out
    > What can be wrong here? How to solve this problem?

    Are you running some sort of firewall on the main system? You might
    have to add additional rules allowing SSH into the jailed one...

    G'luck,
    Peter

    --
    Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@sbnd.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
    You have, of course, just begun reading the sentence that you have just finished reading.

    • Re: Problems with JAIL in 4.8R
      ... > connection is successful, but when i try to connect to jailed system from ... I'm running IPFW but i put such a lines to ipfw.rules to be sure that it's ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: Problems with JAIL in 4.8R
      ... >> connection is successful, but when i try to connect to jailed system from ... > I'm running IPFW but i put such a lines to ipfw.rules to be sure that it's ... set of ipfw rules that you are using? ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)