Re: Security

From: Tarmo Renter (tarmo_at_momentor.ee)
Date: 08/03/03

    To: "...VpB ..." <vpb@linuxmail.org>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
    Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 02:49:23 +0300

    On Sunday 03 August 2003 02:46, ...VpB ... wrote:
    > I have heard that somebody has compile a new kernel and he made Virtual
    > User ....and if somebody want to use exploit he will connect to the
    > virtual! can you tell me how to compile a kernel ??? I just have one but I
    > want one more kernel to create that virtual user !

    There is an excellent overview of "how to compile a new kernel" @ freebsd
    docs:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-building.html

    • Re: Need to compile kernel for 2 or more processors?
      ... running Freebsd version 7.3 PRERELEASE. ... of FreeBSD I have to compile the kernel so the second processor could be ... I guess that actually we do not have to change the kernel so all ... price performance of motherboard/processor to follow (not necessary the ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Cannot open root device "hda1" or unknown-block(0,0)
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Upgrading FreeBSD 8.3 amd64
      ... It is even so that the ports work on all 'current' FreeBSD ... independent of the kernel version. ... On Linux I usually install binaries for the base system and desktop ... I install very often the binary and compile later from ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • RE: How to switch Datgram/Connected mtu modes?
      ... The only way I found is to compile inside the kernel " options IPOIB_CM ". ... Can I do it manually without compiling the kernel each time I want to switch between the modes? ... Mellanox, Tel-Hai Industrial Park. ... How can I configure MTU in connected mode on FreeBSD 9.1? ...
      (freebsd-net)