Wu-ftpd FTP server contains remotely exploitable off-by-one bug

From: John Fox (jjf_at_mind.net)
Date: 07/31/03

    Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:35:53 -0700
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    Hello,

    I see in BugTraq that there's yet another problem with Wu-ftpd, but I see
    no mention of it in the freebsd-security mailing list archives...I have
    searched the indexes from all of June and July.

    Wu is pretty widely used, so I'm surprised that nobody seems to have
    mentioned this problem in this forum.

    The notice on BugTraq mentioned only Linux, not FreeBSD, but that's no
    reason to assume that FreeBSD machines aren't vulnerable, too. Which is
    why I am confused as to the lack of discussion of this matter.

    Can anyone shed some light on this?

    Thank you,

    John