ssh and X11Forwarding

From: Paul Chvostek (paul+fbsd_at_it.ca)
Date: 07/28/03

    Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 02:47:29 -0400
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    What has to be installed on a host for it to do X11Forwarding in SSH?

    My (FreeBSD) workstation at home is behind NAT. From home, I can SSH to
    a FreeBSD firewall at work, and from there I can get to other hosts
    around the internal network there, some of which run X clients.

    Does X have to be installed *on the firewall* for me to forward X11
    connections from the X clients back to my workstation at home?

    Thanks. :)

    --
      Paul Chvostek                                             <paul@it.ca>
      Operations / Abuse / Whatever