FW: Question about logging.

From: Erik Paulsen Skålerud (erik_at_pentadon.com)
Date: 05/28/03

    To: <security@freebsd.org>
    Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 19:41:56 +0200

    I'm forwarding this to security@, as I'm getting no replies on ipfw@.

    Hope it's relevant enough for you :(

    ---Original Message-----
    From: owner-freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org [mailto:owner-freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org]
    On Behalf Of Erik Paulsen Skålerud
    Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 1:02 AM
    To: ipfw@freebsd.org
    Subject: Question about logging.

    Sorry for asking this, It's probably been asked before, but I've searched
    google for a while now with no results :( I'm wondering if it's possible to
    restrict ipfw to -only- log to /var/log/ipfw.log ? Seems like the only way
    to remove ipfw-logging from the console output (dmesg) is to disable the
    security messages to the console.. Is there really no other way?

    Thanks, erik.