FW: Question about logging.

From: Erik Paulsen Skålerud (erik_at_pentadon.com)
Date: 05/28/03

    To: <security@freebsd.org>
    Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 19:41:56 +0200

    I'm forwarding this to security@, as I'm getting no replies on ipfw@.

    Hope it's relevant enough for you :(

    ---Original Message-----
    From: owner-freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org [mailto:owner-freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org]
    On Behalf Of Erik Paulsen Skålerud
    Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 1:02 AM
    To: ipfw@freebsd.org
    Subject: Question about logging.

    Sorry for asking this, It's probably been asked before, but I've searched
    google for a while now with no results :( I'm wondering if it's possible to
    restrict ipfw to -only- log to /var/log/ipfw.log ? Seems like the only way
    to remove ipfw-logging from the console output (dmesg) is to disable the
    security messages to the console.. Is there really no other way?

    Thanks, erik.

    • Re: FW: Question about logging.
      ... > to remove ipfw-logging from the console output is to disable the ... > security messages to the console.. ... So, unless you modify ipfw iteslf, you get to tune your syslogd.conf ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • ipfw lost its mind?
      ... I maintain a small hobby website running on FreeBSD 4.9 SECURITY. ... the server began to exhibit odd behavior that looked for all the ... strange behavior from ipfw. ... has anyone else seen recent strange behavior from ipfw? ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • RE: FW: Question about logging.
      ... >> I'm forwarding this to security@, as I'm getting no replies ... > So, unless you modify ipfw iteslf, you get to tune your ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)