Re: multihost master.passwd sync

From: Mike Hoskins (mike_at_adept.org)
Date: 05/27/03

    Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:31:32 -0700 (PDT)
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    On Tue, 27 May 2003, Mike Hoskins wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 May 2003, Andy Harrison wrote:
    > > Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions about syncing up master.passwd
    > > files between multiple machines that didn't involve allowing root login
    > > remotely? The users need to be able to log in remotely and own files on the
    > > different machines.
    > /usr/ports/net/rsync.

    Also,

    /usr/ports/sysutils/cfengine[2]

    It's working nicely here, but rsync is easier to setup and maintain. The
    nice thing with cfengine is that it can know about "groups" of servers
    which may be slightly different. Here, for example, it pushes password
    updates to FreeBSD, Solaris and Linux servers.

    -mrh

    From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher@adept.org>
    To: spam-catcher@adept.org
    Do NOT send email to the address listed above or
    you will be added to a blacklist!

    • Re: multihost master.passwd sync
      ... That'll allow you to update passwds anywhere, and keep them all up to ... On Tue, 27 May 2003, Mike Hoskins wrote: ... >> files between multiple machines that didn't involve allowing root login ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • multihost master.passwd sync
      ... Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions about syncing up master.passwd ... files between multiple machines that didn't involve allowing root login ... ucTgljeOROE= ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: multihost master.passwd sync
      ... On Tue, 27 May 2003, Andy Harrison wrote: ... > Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions about syncing up master.passwd ... > files between multiple machines that didn't involve allowing root login ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: multihost master.passwd sync
      ... > Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions about syncing up master.passwd ... > files between multiple machines that didn't involve allowing root login ... People have mentioned LDAP; I am truly surprised no one has mentioned ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)