Re: how to configure a FreeBSD firewall to pass IPSec?

From: Guy Middleton (guy_at_obstruction.com)
Date: 05/01/03

    Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 10:46:22 -0400
    To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

    Thanks to everybody for the suggestions, I'll try them this weekend.

    The discussion brings up a question:

    Until now (and as recommended in the Handbook), I have been using ifpw
    and natd. Everybody here who has IPSec client passthrough working seems
    to use ifw/ipnat. Is ipf/ipnat more flexible? And why is there more than
    one firewalling scheme in FreeBSD?