Re: SSHD suddenly takes SIX MINUTES to authenticate

From: Avleen Vig (lists-freebsd@silverwraith.com)
Date: 02/05/03

Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 18:45:13 -0800
From: Avleen Vig <lists-freebsd@silverwraith.com>
To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

For reference, I am the owner of krb5-realm.com/.net/.org

> > then krb5-realm.com. If the nameservers setup to host krb5-realm.com
> > stop responding to requests, then these DNS lookups take a long time,
> > waiting to eventually timeout.

This doesn't happen very often either.
The location they were being hosted is not hosting any more, so they
were moved.

> Right. And the DNS for krb5-realm.com is, to put it politely, a mess.

I'm sorry it doesn't meet your distributed nameserver requirements.
If you would like to provide a nameserver or two for me to use for these
domains, I would be happy to set you up as a slave :-)

> ISTR seeing something about changes to krb5-realm.com on nanog a couple
> of weeks ago. You may want to check the archives.

Yeah they did. I'm hosting them at home for the time, until I can
arrange something more permanent.

Just for clarification, I purchased the domains after I found the bug a
couple of years ago with two colleagues of mine.
I don't have any malicious intent, I just wanted the domains :-)
They seem to have become a sort of novelty item now.

  • Hosting Server Problems...
    ... but cause a server error when 'live'? ... I've contacted the hosting ... package while I'm waiting for my new copy of VS2005. ...
  • New blog OEM Software
    ... Our blog glad to inform you about the move to a new hosting all ... waiting to see us as we are always a lot of useful information on the ...
    (rec.boats.building)
  • New blog OEM Software
    ... Our blog glad to inform you about the move to a new hosting all ... waiting to see us as we are always a lot of useful information on the ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • New blog OEM Software
    ... Our blog glad to inform you about the move to a new hosting all ... waiting to see us as we are always a lot of useful information on the ...
    (microsoft.public.de.access)
  • New blog OEM Software
    ... Our blog glad to inform you about the move to a new hosting all ... waiting to see us as we are always a lot of useful information on the ...
    (microsoft.public.de.excel)