Fw: [freebsd] Re: Compiling tripwire in FreeBSD

From: Nikolay Y. Orlyuk (nikolay@asu.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua)
Date: 01/15/03

Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:13:01 +0200
From: "Nikolay Y. Orlyuk" <nikolay@asu.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org

attached mail follows:

Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:15:26 +0200
From: "Nikolay Y. Orlyuk" <nikolay@asu.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To: freebsd@FreeBSDDiary.org.ua

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 04:53:52PM +0200, Liran Siglat wrote:
> Hi,
Hi

> I'm trying to complie ("gmake debug") tripwire-2.3.1-2 on FreeBSD 4.3 with no success.
> I've downloaded tripwire from the FreeBSD site.
>
> I have uncommented the following line in the main Makefile: `SYSPRE = i386-unknown-freebsd`
This can be set with help of autoconf, it treating your system and writing it in cannonical format.
if you will run config.guess it will print this string.

> The error I receive is:
>
> In file included from ../stlport/stdexcept:33,
> from ../stlport/stl/_ios_base.h:22,
> from ../stlport/stl/_streambuf.h:21,
> from ../stlport/streambuf:31,
> from ../stlport/stl/_stream_iterator.h:47,
> from ../stlport/iterator:39,
> from ../stlport/istream:35,
> from ../stlport/stl/_complex.h:52,
> from ../stlport/complex:37,
> from complex.cpp:21:
*> ../stlport/exception:46: ../include/exception: No such file or directory
> In file included from ../stlport/stl/_alloc.h:68,
> from ../stlport/stdexcept:41,
> from ../stlport/stl/_ios_base.h:22,
> from ../stlport/stl/_streambuf.h:21,
> from ../stlport/streambuf:31,
> from ../stlport/stl/_stream_iterator.h:47,
> from ../stlport/iterator:39,
> from ../stlport/istream:35,
> from ../stlport/stl/_complex.h:52,
> from ../stlport/complex:37,
> from complex.cpp:21:
*> ../stlport/new:47: ../include/new: No such file or directory
> In file included from ../stlport/stl/_locale.h:26,
> from ../stlport/stl/_ios_base.h:25,
> from ../stlport/stl/_streambuf.h:21,
> from ../stlport/streambuf:31,
> from ../stlport/stl/_stream_iterator.h:47,
> from ../stlport/iterator:39,
> from ../stlport/istream:35,
> from ../stlport/stl/_complex.h:52,
> from ../stlport/complex:37,
> from complex.cpp:21:
*> ../stlport/typeinfo:27: ../include/typeinfo: No such file or directory
> gmake[4]: *** [obj/GCC/Release/complex.o] Error 1

I think you must locate this files (which marked No such file), and if they have same prefix (directory relative to which
it can be found including with dots moving) that prefix must be included,as -Iprefix in flags for gcc, cpp, and other things
which works like preprocessors and processing directive #include

> Has anyone had any success with compiling tripwire - Any help would be appreciated.
I don't know what is tripware.

P.S. If they absent, then it will be resonable to find why it want they

P.S. Sorry I missed last time to other maillist

--
With best wishes Nikolay
mail: nikolay@asu.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua