Fw: [freebsd] Re: Compiling tripwire in FreeBSD

From: Nikolay Y. Orlyuk (nikolay@asu.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua)
Date: 01/15/03

Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:13:01 +0200
From: "Nikolay Y. Orlyuk" <nikolay@asu.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org

attached mail follows:

Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:15:26 +0200
From: "Nikolay Y. Orlyuk" <nikolay@asu.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To: freebsd@FreeBSDDiary.org.ua

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 04:53:52PM +0200, Liran Siglat wrote:
> Hi,
Hi

> I'm trying to complie ("gmake debug") tripwire-2.3.1-2 on FreeBSD 4.3 with no success.
> I've downloaded tripwire from the FreeBSD site.
>
> I have uncommented the following line in the main Makefile: `SYSPRE = i386-unknown-freebsd`
This can be set with help of autoconf, it treating your system and writing it in cannonical format.
if you will run config.guess it will print this string.

> The error I receive is:
>
> In file included from ../stlport/stdexcept:33,
> from ../stlport/stl/_ios_base.h:22,
> from ../stlport/stl/_streambuf.h:21,
> from ../stlport/streambuf:31,
> from ../stlport/stl/_stream_iterator.h:47,
> from ../stlport/iterator:39,
> from ../stlport/istream:35,
> from ../stlport/stl/_complex.h:52,
> from ../stlport/complex:37,
> from complex.cpp:21:
*> ../stlport/exception:46: ../include/exception: No such file or directory
> In file included from ../stlport/stl/_alloc.h:68,
> from ../stlport/stdexcept:41,
> from ../stlport/stl/_ios_base.h:22,
> from ../stlport/stl/_streambuf.h:21,
> from ../stlport/streambuf:31,
> from ../stlport/stl/_stream_iterator.h:47,
> from ../stlport/iterator:39,
> from ../stlport/istream:35,
> from ../stlport/stl/_complex.h:52,
> from ../stlport/complex:37,
> from complex.cpp:21:
*> ../stlport/new:47: ../include/new: No such file or directory
> In file included from ../stlport/stl/_locale.h:26,
> from ../stlport/stl/_ios_base.h:25,
> from ../stlport/stl/_streambuf.h:21,
> from ../stlport/streambuf:31,
> from ../stlport/stl/_stream_iterator.h:47,
> from ../stlport/iterator:39,
> from ../stlport/istream:35,
> from ../stlport/stl/_complex.h:52,
> from ../stlport/complex:37,
> from complex.cpp:21:
*> ../stlport/typeinfo:27: ../include/typeinfo: No such file or directory
> gmake[4]: *** [obj/GCC/Release/complex.o] Error 1

I think you must locate this files (which marked No such file), and if they have same prefix (directory relative to which
it can be found including with dots moving) that prefix must be included,as -Iprefix in flags for gcc, cpp, and other things
which works like preprocessors and processing directive #include

> Has anyone had any success with compiling tripwire - Any help would be appreciated.
I don't know what is tripware.

P.S. If they absent, then it will be resonable to find why it want they

P.S. Sorry I missed last time to other maillist

--
With best wishes Nikolay
mail: nikolay@asu.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua

  • Re: mplayer/mplayer-plugin question
    ... I think it's nothing short of retarded for apps to install into ... >> unusual locations to prove a point. ... I disagree with NetBSD's PREFIX. ... FreeBSD doesn't has to be weird. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: bootstrapping gnat GCC on amd64
    ... I would use a PREFIX other than /usr/local (or something ... over to amd64 and want a native toolchain and I also have a ... FreeBSD ports but can't due a lack of an Ada compiler on amd64. ... I noticed that the gnat-gcc43 port downloads a rather ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Two questions about making ports
    ... I'm trying to port a linux software onto FreeBSD. ... Can a plist contain an absolute path or files outside of the prefix? ... Fatal error 'Unable to read from thread kernel pipe' at line 1100 in file ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: how calculate the number of ip addresses in a range?
    ... related to freebsd but i googled a lot and found nothing useful and ... prefix length in an "IP" object. ... So it can represent a host or ... a network which is nice. ...
    (freebsd-net)