Removing a Jail

From: Elite Bizkit (elite_bizkit@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/01/03

From: "Elite Bizkit" <elite_bizkit@hotmail.com>
To: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 21:49:13 +0000

Me again :p Im bulding my Jails using the script in the jail(8) man pages,
to resolve the issue of not being able to ping my NIC alias I have changed
the IP of the alias and therefore the IP of the jail. Each jail is in a
certain folder with its own IP (e.g. /my/jail/10.0.0.1/). First of all, how
do I remove current jail? is it as easy as just deleting the folder?
Secondly in the script (located in jail(8) man pages) it runs "sh MAKEDEV
jail", if I run this script again with a different IP will it have any
conflicts because "sh MAKEDEV jail" has already been run?

Jail script located in jail(8) man pages:

D=/here/is/the/jail
cd /usr/src
mkdir -p $D
make world DESTDIR=$D
cd etc
make distribution DESTDIR=$D -DNO_MAKEDEV_RUN
cd $D/dev
sh MAKEDEV jail
cd $D
ln -sf dev/null kernel

- BiZKiT

  • Re: vimage-assigning interface to jail
    ... jail with the rc mechanism - the vnet parameter to jail requires the -c flag, ... I developed a local rc.d script that flexibly combines starting my ... don't see a clean way to load a netgraph configuration (and also notice there ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • isc-dhcpd.sh rc script and jails
    ... The port for isc-dhcp3-server has config options for enabling FreeBSD ... running dhcpd in a thin jail brainless. ... cause (where $JID is the jid of the running rc script and $_jid is the ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Jail startup/shutdown broken on latest 9-STABLE
    ... Hostname is set in /etc/rc.conf. ... This message is about rc.conf from your jail. ... I do not see a link to your jail rc.d script, just the patch. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Jail startup/shutdown broken on latest 9-STABLE
    ... I do not see a link to your jail rc.d script, just the patch. ... I've fixed jail to print the jid first, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Jails in -CURRENT
    ... On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 14:01 +0100, Andy Hilker wrote: ... >> I can give you an outline of what my script does, ... > - stopping a jail identifies all procs and kill them. ... Does this mean that the installed software in the jail is 'fixed'? ...
    (freebsd-current)