Re: Overwrite the base krb4 and krb5 with the port

From: Jacques A. Vidrine (nectar@FreeBSD.org)
Date: 11/14/02

Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:34:51 -0600
From: "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To: Zahemszky Gábor <Gabor@Zahemszky.HU>

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 11:25:25PM +0100, Zahemszky G?«ˇbor wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Are there any mechanism to overwrite the Kerberos 4 and Kereros 5 version
> in the base system, with the one in the port tree-version? Something
> similar to the OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE and OPENSSH_OVERWRITE_BASE
> defines?

No, and this will not likely ever be supported in the port.

> (It looks like somebody - not me - found a bug in the base krb5-conf version,
> which isn't in the port version .)

Can you expand on this?

--
Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar@celabo.org>          http://www.celabo.org/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos

  • Overwrite the base krb4 and krb5 with the port
    ... Are there any mechanism to overwrite the Kerberos 4 and Kereros 5 version ... in the base system, with the one in the port tree-version? ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Cannot telnet some ports
    ... Some with remote administration feature I believe. ... >> From a Windows 2003 Server SP2 ... >> fromn the 2k3 serrver but can telnet into any other port. ... kerberos 750/udp kdc # Kerberos udp ...
  • Re: kerberos AD: keytab and service principal not needed?
    ... Authentication Ticket Request: ... the returned Kerberos ticket might be larger than what AIX's Kerberos ... Kerberos traffic is usually UDP (port 88), not TCP, although there are ... Protocol Info ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • RE: IE, Kerberos, and Port Numbers
    ... I have found a hotfix for IE6 that I believe is what you are looking for. ... After many trials and tribulations with Kerberos, ... same root URL, just differentiated by port number, that both use Kerberos ... This is happening for both IE6 and IE7. ...
  • Re: Our aging base system heimdal
    ... Others have mentioned that they have problems using our base system ... and using security/krb5 (security/heimdal is badly ... If you adjust distinfo, pkg-list and the port Makefile, the current ... maybe the h5l.org developers could be cajoled into adding a FreeBSD ...
    (freebsd-current)