Re: pam_radius

From: Peter Pentchev (roam@ringlet.net)
Date: 11/13/02

Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:37:44 +0200
From: Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To: "Alexandru G. Efrosi" <_ae@registru.md>

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 01:05:54PM +0200, Alexandru G. Efrosi wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I set accounting trough PAM to a remote RADIUS server with pam_radius.so in that way:
> login account required pam_radius.so
> and I receive an error in auth.log
> login: unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_acct_mgmt
>
> But, with this error, authentication works fine. Why accounting does't work?
> System used: FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #0: Mon Nov 11 15:37:23 EET 2002

The pam_radius module does not implement accounting at all.
This can be seen from the error message itself - the PAM system
complains that it could not find the pam_sm_acct_mgmt symbol (function)
within the pam_radius shared library. A quick look at
src/lib/libpam/modules/pam_radius/pam_radius.c shows that, indeed, it
only defines 'auth' and 'setcred' request handlers.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
If there were no counterfactuals, this sentence would not have been paradoxical.

  • RE: Access Denied - Msconfig Startup Changes
    ... If you have the CD with the software on It you uninstall and reinstall any ... Update manager by Dell on your Computer and look for all updates and install ... One of Dell's solutions to the PCMService.exe error message was to uncheck ... Microsoft Accounting software and Business contacts thru Outlook installed on ...
  • RE: Access Denied - Msconfig Startup Changes
    ... You cannot install WSUS, and you may find a message that references ... One of Dell's solutions to the PCMService.exe error message was to uncheck ... You need to get the drivers for you Dell Media Direct or you can uninstall ... How to completely remove Small Business Accounting and Microsoft SQL Server ...
  • RE: Access Denied - Msconfig Startup Changes
    ... One of Dell's solutions to the PCMService.exe error message was to uncheck ... How to completely remove Small Business Accounting and Microsoft SQL Server ... Please click on the two links provided in the Answer for DELL ... tech decided I needed to reinstall Windows XP. ...
  • RE: Access Denied - Msconfig Startup Changes
    ... One of Dell's solutions to the PCMService.exe error message was to uncheck ... it in "Startup" which I did. ... How to completely remove Small Business Accounting and Microsoft SQL Server ... Please click on the two links provided in the Answer for DELL ...
  • Re: pam_radius
    ... >> But, with this error, authentication works fine. ... > The pam_radius module does not implement accounting at all. ... > This can be seen from the error message itself - the PAM system ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)