Something weird

From: Ronan Lucio (
Date: 11/01/02

From: "Ronan Lucio" <>
To: <>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 09:59:13 -0300

Today, when I logged in my server, last command showed
only one connection (the last).

So, I took a look at "netstat -a" and I havenīt found any connection
from a strange IP on a different port.

I also took a look at "ps -ax" and I didnīt found any strange process
running, too.

After that, Iīve saw that the file /root/.history is dated old (itīs correct
because I use another account with bash shell).

There is possibility that it be an attack/invasion?

To Unsubscribe: send mail to

  • Re: Browser cannot access websites but newsgroups working ok
    ... connection icon shows that I have an internet connection, ... neither firefox nor IE can reach any website. ... one thing to try is to do a "netstat -n" in a command line ...
  • Re: How to find out how many users are logged onto to an IIS machine?
    ... Perfmon (performance monitor) ... Netstat (from a command line, if you just want a one-off count) ... >I cannot figure out how to see how many users have a connection to a web ...
  • Re: Opening Office ( Word, Excel, etc) Documents are very slow by double-clicking
    ... Try this, go to command ... prompt, type in netstat -a, look for any connections that are listed ... connection. ...
  • About windows port 1025
    ... anybody tell me about windows tcp port 1025? ... I see with netstat -na command that have a connection from ...
  • Re: CreateTimerQueueTimer fails unexpectedly
    ... so you are multiplexing communication with several devices over a single TCP connection as well as having multiple TCP connections to various controllers. ... When sending this is easy since you can build a whole command and send it in a single write, but on read you must buffer the read results and parse out the responses. ...