Re: access() is a security hole?

From: The Anarcat (anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx)
Date: 10/08/02

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 17:23:35 -0400
From: The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>
To: Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>

Also, this means that the stat() manpage should also contains a
similar section about its non-fd incarnations.

A.

  • Re: access() is a security hole?
    ... this means that the statmanpage should also contains a ... >similar section about its non-fd incarnations. ... I disagree. ... accessis specifically designed to allow setuid/setgid ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: ipfw rule -1?
    ... > I'm seeing a few of these in my ipfw log and was wondering what rule -1 is? ... The manpage does not go as far as to indicate that this is rule -1, ... with patch to the manpage or is this for the FAQ? ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: setkey(3) not present in the system
    ... > On Wed, 9 May 2001, Rasputin wrote: ... > des_setkeymanpage mentions -lcipher. ... A cop will shine a light in your face. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)