Re: kern.ps_showallprocs and procfs

From: Nomad (mailman@crypton.pl)
Date: 09/28/02

Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 06:31:52 +0200
From: Nomad <mailman@crypton.pl>
To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

Well, if we tend to regard procfs as debugging tool only then maybe it shouldn't be mounted by default on initial instalation ?
Anyway in Solaris it works without giving information of other's processes and still can be good debugging tool for root.
Antique debate: hehe, maybe, but we waiting for 4.7 RELEASE and can do something with that in easy way (not mounted by default) without spend m
Well: not 'we' because I am not developer of Free, but it can be done...
I just don't like when my fried whose using OpenBSD and don't have procfs on default laugh at me :(

--
Nomad
[%% When you dance with the devil %%]

  • Re: kern.ps_showallprocs and procfs
    ... > I tend to regard procfs as something of a debugging tool. ... I don't think that procfs is debugging tool. ... Ukrainian FreeBSD User Group ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: kern.ps_showallprocs and procfs
    ... I tend to regard procfs as something of a debugging tool. ... Duihb ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)