screen question/problem.

From: Chest Rockwell (cdgaming@msn.com)
Date: 09/25/02

From: "Chest Rockwell" <cdgaming@msn.com>
To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:28:32 -0500

i've used screen before. i installed a game server on my freebsd 4.5 box
and when i try to run screen, i get this error. i am running it as the user
that installed the server. can anyone help me with this?

screen -A -m -d -S ./ucc-bin server BR-Anubis?XGame.xBombingRun

Must run suid root for multiuser support.

  • RE: [COVERT-2001-01] Multiple Vulnerabilities in BIND - FreeBSD Implications ?
    ... Multiple Vulnerabilities in BIND - FreeBSD ... To those that want to upgrade to 8.2.3-REL before the official FreeBSD ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • RE: "Correct" permissions on /var/mail?
    ... I use the freebsd default, although someone could still fill up /var ... 1777 gives you the additional benefit of protecting you from ... but requires that on every machine quotas be ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • RE: "humorous" SA jokes
    ... :posting "funny" SA-s about the advantages of OpenBSD vs FreeBSD. ... :And I seriously doubt that this message was approved by the moderator. ... :Szeged University ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Lost Password
    ... FreeBSD list is probably considered "the wrong place to post this message". ... One of the WinNT ... ::> Has anyone out ther had any experience in retrieving passwords. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • RE: FreeBSD 4.3 local root
    ... Subject: FreeBSD 4.3 local root ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)