Re: Anti-virus section for FAQ

From: Lawrence Sica (lomifeh@earthlink.net)
Date: 09/09/02

Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 13:16:11 -0400
From: Lawrence Sica <lomifeh@earthlink.net>
To: "Nickolay A. Kritsky" <nkritsky@internethelp.ru>

On Monday, September 9, 2002, at 08:05 AM, Nickolay A. Kritsky wrote:

> Hello Lawrence,
>
> Friday, September 06, 2002, 10:23:43 PM, you wrote:
>
> LS> Oops, helps if I post the url eh ;)
>
> LS> http://www.thesicafamily.org/larry/articles/avfaq.html
>
> I would like to add to this list following AV solution:
> "Procmail Email Sanitizer" -
> http://www.impsec.org/email-tools/procmail-security.html
>
> To comment the FAQ itself. I do not think that just the list of
> antivirus packages is a good answer for FAQ. The thing is, that
> freqentissimus AV-related question sounds like "What is the best AV
> for freebsd/sendmail/qmail?" not just "What kind of antiviruses do you
> know?". I think, that it would be truly useful if people, who have an
> experience with setting up AV on FreeBSD share their knowledge with
> us in the manner like this:

The goes beyond the purpose of the FAQ tho, it was meant to be a short
list of possible software out there. More information would be suited
more towards a handbook information. To do that for every package
would make it a seperate FAQ. I had planned on a more in depth article
as well, but for the FAQ a short, simple list is best imho. Other
opinions? This list is meant to be an unbiased bit on what is out
there, not an in depth review and rating of each package..

--Larry

  • Re: exim, version 4.69, is out of date
    ... what kind of warning provides. ... demonstrates he did not read the FAQ. ... the documentation in the package is intended for a big-time ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Why not automatic left and ight ?
    ... I also find this package useful but wonder why it hasn't received much ... to go in the faq. ... I've encountered the nath package already a few years ago, ... together than in text typesetting. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • using import package | multiple queries
    ... I'm motivated by having considered a \graphicspath 'solution' to a more general problem -- that being lack of support for relative paths to files in latest build of MikTeX, and then reading the TeX FAQ which suggested that the import package might be a better way to go -- from the FAQ: ... If your document is split into a variety of directories, and each directory has its associated graphics, the import package may well be the thing for you..." ... Compiling the skeleton file works fine. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: CTAN update: cellspace
    ... preambles to space out cells ... The math option correct a bug in amsmath package with fraction. ... believe it is woth to mention in the faq. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Is Buddhism what Im looking for?
    ... > heh. ... I think we need a standard welcome package for the new people: ... I did find a FAQ specific to trb, compiled by none else than Juhn Kahila, ...
    (talk.religion.buddhism)