Re: Anti virus software for FreeBSD ...

From: John Holstein (john@cotse.com)
Date: 09/04/02

Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 01:38:22 -0400
To: "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
From: John Holstein <john@cotse.com>

At 01:51 AM 9/4/2002 -0300, you wrote:

>Seems quite limited ... I'm looking for one to run with amavisd on a mail
>server, but the only one I can seem to find is vscan, and for that, i
>can't find any licensing information past that '30 day' period :(
>
>I've looked at the openantivirus.org site ... but nothing there is jumping
>out at me, and their virus definitions look a bit old?
>
>anyone?

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message

Kaspersky:

Sendmail: http://www.kaspersky.com/buyonline.html?chapter=752114&spage=3

File Server: http://www.kaspersky.com/buyonline.html?chapter=752025&spage=3

F-Prot

Dunno if it supports Sendmail yet.
http://www.f-prot.com/products/fpfreebsd.html

RAV
http://www.ravantivirus.com/

That's a few to start, dunno if some of the others are still available.

John Holstein

  • Re: nfs insecure_locks / Tru64 behaviour
    ... > and server in sync? ... I dunno. ... manner in which the insecure_locks option in /etc/exports is applied to ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: How secure are self-extracting encryption files?
    ... ]Like I said, I dunno. ... There is nothing that public key crypto can do to you to harm ... ]Authenticating a self decrypting exe is as difficult as authenticating ... ]the server from whence it came. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Anti virus software for FreeBSD ...
    ... I'm looking for one to run with amavisd on a mail ... server, but the only one I can seem to find is vscan, and for that, i ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: trip to the bike sheds !!
    ... Thank you pmj for getting my e-mail sorted I had made a mess of it!! ... As you say - I dunno what I'd do with out you, ... 0x800CCC0B BUSY Server or maildrop is busy ... how very useful Log Files like that are & how easy it is to locate the ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: trip to the bike sheds !!
    ... As you say - I dunno what I'd do with out you, ... The actual *cause* of the prob that you had, ... 0x800CCC0B BUSY Server or maildrop is busy ... how very useful Log Files like that are & how easy it is to locate the ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)