Re: From: Ivan Streetovich, Japan

From: Mike Silbersack (silby@silby.com)
Date: 09/03/02

Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 19:09:40 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To: Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@seattleFenix.net>

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Benjamin Krueger wrote:

> Interesting. I recieved a copy on Thursday night PST and forwarded it to phk
> and the security officer in the wee morning hours of Friday...
>
> I've heard rumour that it was culled from an (years) old post on a freebsd
> list.
>
> --
> Benjamin Krueger

This is just another local mbuf exhaustion attack. We should probably put
in countermeasures for this one of these days, but it's not all that much
of a serious problem. If you have a shell machine you wish to get your
access revoked on, then by all means go ahead and use this program.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack

  • Re: From: Ivan Streetovich, Japan
    ... limiting sbsize does the trick. ... I recieved a copy on Thursday night PST and forwarded it to phk ... >> Benjamin Krueger ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Much ado about nothing.
    ... Yeah, I believe the version of OpenSSH shipped in -STABLE and past ... On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Benjamin Krueger wrote: ... > Send mail w/ subject 'send public key' or query for ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)