Re: LDAP authentication ?

From: Bruce M Simpson (bms@spc.org)
Date: 09/02/02

Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 14:42:01 +0100
From: Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To: Frank Bonnet <frankb@daemon.esiee.fr>

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 11:04:09AM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
> Is it possible to use LDAP as an authentication system
> with FreeBSD 4.6.2 to replace NIS that I use for now ?
>
> If yes what do I need to install for ?

Google for ypldapd. This was also covered in previous discussion on this
list so please search the archives at www.freebsd.org for this term.

There are reasons why LDAP can't be used directly.

BMS

  • Re: Centralized authentication
    ... >A few people suggested NIS+. ... Virtually all of our boxes are FreeBSD, ... >don't know very much about either server. ... >setup and get working than an LDAP server. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: FreeBSD 7.0, Open LDAP, PAM, TLS and NSS, howto?
    ... FreeBSD 5.x and 6.x work fine with both PAM and NSS -> LDAP w/ TLS ... interactive shell, SFTP, etc.) can be tied into LDAP either directly or ... acting as OpenLDAP server. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Linux, LDAP and the impossibility of handling editable PDFs
    ... Having FreeBSD as my favorite OS on servers AND hybrid boxes makes life easy - I thought and was touhgt wrong. ... Using 'pdftk' fails, it is not made to run in modern 64 bit environments only when using FreeBSD (linux seems to have no problem, especially Ubuntu does the thing). ... As in other professional environments we were far away from using simple user management and therefore there is a LDAP environment. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • FBSD/NSS/PAM/LDAP
    ... openldap22-server auf FreeBSD 6-current. ... Testkonfiguration entsprechend des obigen Links. ... Irgendwie scheint also die Konfiguration des Client noch im Beet zu sein. ... Ach ja, ich habe auch versucht, auf dem Client ldap per ssh zu nutzen. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.bsd)
  • openldap/pam/nss issues on 6.1
    ... I'm setting up FreeBSD 6.1/i386 for LDAP login ... I can get it to work as a server and client but with the default ... localhost connection and clients must connect with ssl (port 636). ...
    (freebsd-stable)