Re: List administrivia, was: Re: I Finally got It 2096

From: Chuck Swiger (cswiger@mac.com)
Date: 08/27/02

Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:58:29 -0400
From: Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG

On Tuesday, August 27, 2002, at 02:30 AM, oleg@reis.zp.ua wrote:
> On 26-Aug-2002 Chuck Swiger wrote:
[ ... ]
>> Besides enabling "Restrict posting privilege to list members"...
>
> Think about corporate subscribers.

I have. When legitimate members of the list want to post from multiple
email addresses, all they need to do is subscribe from each mail address,
but disable the list from mailing to all but the account they want the
list traffic to go to.

Or receive digests at one account and individual messages at another, or
any other combination, as you please. For example, I'm subscribed to
CodeFab-internal lists from both <chuck@codefab.com> and <cswiger@mac.com>
, so I can post from either, yet I only _receive_ CodeFab list traffic at
my corporate mail account. YMMV.

        ----

Bart Matthaei <bart@dreamflow.nl> wrote:
> If you make this list subscriber-only, you are forcing these people to
subscribe.

No, posts from non-subscribers can simply be held for the listadmin to
review.

Non-subscribers might have their messages delayed a bit until their
message is approved (or rejected), but that shouldn't matter much if most
people intend to read the list instead of only posting to it.

-Chuck "trying-to-be-brief" Swiger

  • Re: Splitting a Table with 15 Columns into Separate Tables Vs. Queries
    ... to use multiple tables is moot. ... the integrity of the data, it would be better to divide my one table ... The data is right now in one big table called Tickets. ... Account ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Earn 12% daily of your investment!!!
    ... E-gold account and then you put in a multiple of 6. ... After 12 days of surfing your account expires and they process the money ... If you like it please refer your friends ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Event ID 1517 and 1527 - Not unloading user profiles at logoff
    ... We have one admin account and two Limited ... accounts and at every logoff from one account to another results in multiple ... uninstalling SAS does not resolve the multiple copies of explorer.exe. ... and a system file check using SCANNOW done by me afterwards yieled ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: login - hidden site files.
    ... - WHAT are the hidden ini style files in FP? ... each account s both unique and separate. ... >> To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see: ... >>> But I have had this before, with again with multiple ISP's. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Account hacked
    ... One of our guild members just discovered that his account has been ... Sclerosis and WoW is his main way of maintaining contact with friends ... Forget the high-powered attorney with Multiple ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)