Re: CERT Advisory CA-2002-24 Trojan Horse OpenSSH Distribution (fwd)

From: Dag-Erling Smorgrav (des@ofug.org)
Date: 08/02/02

To: Chris Miller <ctodd@netgate.net>
From: Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Date: 02 Aug 2002 03:02:28 +0200

Chris Miller <ctodd@netgate.net> writes:
> Are we affected by this? I couldn't find bf-test.c in the openssh
> directory in /usr/ports. I'm assuming that since the part of the automagic
> process of building the port involves checking the checksum that we are
> safe, but I thought it best to ask.

We're safe.

DES

--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org

  • Re: Jails and FreeBSD4.3
    ... but I don't know what the ETA of jailNG is... ... I think "never in RELENG_4" is a safe assumption. ... DES ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • New security alert
    ... for a number of ssh-implementations. ... OpenSsh is said to be safe. ... Does anyone know about puTTY? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Another one?
    ... us OpenSSH 2.9 users aren't safe either. ... CERT isn't telling the whole story. ... DES ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Hotel room safes.
    ... combination safe locked and the hotel had to call in a locksmith to change ... In the hotel we were at in Ghana the room safe work with one's credit ... La police arrête un certain Albert Spaggiari, ... des services de police, qui s'avère être le cerveau du groupe de 24 hommes. ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: (forw) Re: AIO vulnerability (from bugtraq)
    ... >> All pending aio requests must be drained before mapping the new ... >> vmspace. ... Wouldn't you say it's probably safe to try ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)