Re: Re[2]: About the openssl hole

From: Scott Lambert (lambert@lambertfam.org)
Date: 07/30/02

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:17:39 -0400
From: Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 07:52:54PM +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Geir RÜness wrote:
>
> > But as many know, the port of openssl will
> > not completly replace the core open ssl.
> > (You could see this if you build mod_ssl)
>
> apache13-modssl will see and use an installed
> port of openssl in /usr/local

But if you install the openssl port with -DOPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE, the
ports should simply see the "base" install of openssl and use it that
way, no?

Do openssl using programs need to be recompiled for library changes
between OpenSSL 0.9.6a and OpenSSL 0.9.6d? ssh, sendmail, postfix,
stunnel, various pop3 and imap daemons, apache, ....?

lambert@lambertfam.org

  • Re: broken openssl on freebsd60
    ... >> install the openssl port or at least they used to. ... > Another user had a similar issue like this with OpenSSL, ... that openssl is per default within the base system, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Should I have 2 copies of OpenSSL?
    ... > If you have the OpenSSL port installed why don't you uninstall the port ... > install of OpenSSL and not to install OpenSSL as a dependency from ports. ... That seems to have done the trick, Russell; ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: First cvsup in sometime, and now Im hosed
    ... > leaving me without, well, portupgrade. ... newer/more-secure version of OpenSSL and installed the port ... install was from a 4.9-REL CD and I keep the updates coming ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Should I have 2 copies of OpenSSL?
    ... >>If you have the OpenSSL port installed why don't you uninstall the port ... >>install of OpenSSL and not to install OpenSSL as a dependency from ports. ... >>This should make it build with the base install, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of OpenSSL 1.0.1g uploaded.
    ... The OpenSSL Project is an Open Source toolkit implementing the Secure Sockets ... There are no DJGPP specific changes compared with the last port. ... Neither the libraries nor the headers are ...
    (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)