Snort problem.

From: dawnshade (h-k@mail.ru)
Date: 07/12/02

Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:02:57 +0400
From: dawnshade <h-k@mail.ru>
To: security@FreeBSD.ORG

 I have a little problem:
 install, configure snort (1.8.6 (Build 105)).
 Run: /usr/local/bin/snort -c /usr/local/etc/snort/snort.conf -s -A full -d -D -l /usr/log/snort

 But the snort does nothing: not log or alert scans, portscans,
 etc....

 thank all for advance.

--
 dawnshade                          mailto:h-k@mail.ru

  • Re: Snort problem.
    ... Did you check /var/log/messages because -s mean it goes directly syslogd send ... My snort on bridge look like: ... > But the snort does nothing: not log or alert scans, portscans, ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Snort problem.
    ... Did you check /var/log/messages because -s mean it goes directly syslogd send ... My snort on bridge look like: ... > But the snort does nothing: not log or alert scans, portscans, ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • [UNIX] Buffer Overflow in Snort RPC Preprocessor
    ... A buffer overflow has been found in the Snort RPC normalization routines ... The first option will alert on any RPC fragmented record it finds. ... current packet length. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • unidentified DOS "bad traffic"
    ... A particular host has been completely flooding the network with ... My Snort output on ... I've read up on the Snort signature that generates this alert (SID ... So, I know of no exploit, no virus, no known malicious destination (which ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re[2]: Snort problem.
    ... JF> This isn't the snort mailing list, but here is something to help... ... Initializing Preprocessors! ... command line overrides rules file alert plugin! ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)