Re: : hiding OS name

From: Zvezdan Petkovic (zvezdan@CS.WM.EDU)
Date: 07/12/02

Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:48:39 -0400
From: Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan@CS.WM.EDU>
To: security@FreeBSD.ORG

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 01:41:21AM +0200, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:

> one thing I dislike w/ OpenBSD is that there are almost no advisories
> ? are they "so" secure or are they just hidding things like "not
> seen, not caught" ?
>
> Cyrille.

One thing I dislike is when people voice the opinion before checking the
facts. You've probably heard some rumour and never really tried to
check is it true or not, right? I suppose you are not subscribed to
OpenBSD announcement lists either? Well check this out:

http://www.openbsd.org/errata.html

It's accessible from the left navigation bar on the OpenBSD main site
under the link "Patches". That seems reasonably visible for anybody who
wants to make an effort to check.

Regards,

--
Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan@cs.wm.edu>