Re: Default ssh protocol in -STABLE [was: HEADS UP: FreeBSD-STABLEnowhas OpenSSH 3.4p1]

From: Doug Barton (DougB@FreeBSD.org)
Date: 07/07/02

Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 22:42:29 -0700
From: Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To: Anthony Rubin <anthonyrubin@yahoo.com>

Anthony Rubin wrote:

> In order for this change to affect a user they would have to run
> mergemaster, see the change, and tell mergemaster to go ahead and merge
> or overwrite their config file.

Or, install a new box after wiping the old layout, or any number of
scenarios. The point remains, we don't do changes like this within a
-stable branch.

  • Re: Default ssh protocol in -STABLE [was: HEADS UP: FreeBSD-STABLEnow has OpenSSH 3.4p1]
    ... Anthony Rubin wrote: ... > Do people who depend on such things run mergemaster and blindly accept ... users expecting the RELENG_4 branch to actually be -stable ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Default ssh protocol in -STABLE [was: HEADS UP: FreeBSD-STABLEnow has OpenSSH 3.4p1]
    ... > Anthony Rubin wrote: ... >> Do people who depend on such things run mergemaster and blindly accept ... the fundamental changes in Sendmail functionality recently, ... Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: cant su to root
    ... Either you are not in group wheel (after mergemaster /etc/group could be ... either su lost it's setuid flag. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: 4.6.2 sendmail anomaly
    ... implies), you will need to run mergemaster. ... Derek ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: RELENG_4_3
    ... On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Peter Jeremy wrote: ... Mergemaster in this situation can be skipped. ... > mergemaster does a equality comparison, ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)