Re: security risk: ktrace(2) in FreeBSD prior to -current.

From: Garrett Wollman (wollman@lcs.mit.edu)
Date: 07/01/02

Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 14:50:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To: Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>

<<On 01 Jul 2002 16:01:34 +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org> said:

> I don't care about the port. Personally, I'd rather it didn't exist,
> and I think admins who install it need to have their head checked.

I don't care about the base-install ssh. Personally, I'd rather it
didn't exist, and I think admins who install it need to have their
heads checked. So there!

-GAWollman

  • Re: security risk: ktrace(2) in FreeBSD prior to -current.
    ... > I don't care about the port. ... > and I think admins who install it need to have their head checked. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: security risk: ktrace(2) in FreeBSD prior to -current.
    ... >> Not in FreeBSD. ... I don't care about the port. ... and I think admins who install it need to have their head checked. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: marked as broken
    ... The port is pear-Archive_Tar-1.3.1 and I am ... It means that if you were to install this port, it would not clean ... If you don't care ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Application commands without having to restart
    ... > I just installed a port. ... > start it and can be run from anywhere on the command line. ... > first install an application. ... GNU bash should take care of this automagically. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: service pack 3, do I need it?
    ... needs or care about me or my computer. ... Were I to install SP3 it would be a 60-70MB download that would install ... Jul of 2010 I will no longer be able to get XP patches without SP3. ...