snort + vlans

From: Dmitry S. Rzhavin (dima@rt.ru)
Date: 07/01/02

Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 20:51:52 +0400
From: "Dmitry S. Rzhavin" <dima@rt.ru>
To: security@FreeBSD.ORG

Hello!
I have number of vlans on my box, all af them configured on xl0.
So, xl0 does not have any ip address, but it is turned up.
Now I want to start snort on this box. 'snort -i what' shall I
tell to make snort listen and analyze my traffic?

And, if I asked about vlans... What about vtp in Free? Does
Free knows vtp, how to configure it, and what vtp mode does
FreeBSD operate?

Thank you.

  • Re: snort + vlans
    ... That's a switch config problem, ... > Now I want to start snort on this box. ... if I asked about vlans... ... > Free knows vtp, how to configure it, and what vtp ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: vlans and cisco 4500s
    ... VTP is not that dangerous if you know what you are doing. ... When you insert a new switch in the network you just have to reset its ... In the 4503s you configure the interface vlans ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: VTP client mode with 64+ VLANs on 2950-24
    ... > we have about 70 VLANs in our network. ... > switches that are vtp server, vtp pruning is enabled and v2 is used. ... > Most of the other switches are running in vtp client mode, ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • VTP client mode with 64+ VLANs on 2950-24
    ... The vtp domain consists of two switches that are vtp server, vtp pruning is enabled and v2 is used. ... Most of the other switches are running in vtp client mode, but we have also got some older 2950s that are only capable of running a maximum of 64 VLANs. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: 2950 trunk
    ... You need to run VTP. ... interface that is up in those VLANs, or a configured layer 3 interface. ... switch2 as a VTP client - both in the same VTP domain. ... With spanning-tree enabled you'll be able to see ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)