Re: Apache 1.3.26 port

From: Mikel King (mikel@ocsinternet.com)
Date: 06/20/02

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:40:48 -0500
From: Mikel King <mikel@ocsinternet.com>
To: Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>

Brett Glass wrote:

>At 06:56 PM 6/19/2002, Mikel King wrote:
>

>>Two suggestions from my own experience with working with Apache...kick the default conf and driectory tree to the curb.
>>

>I just tried to build 2.0.39 on a 4.5-p4 system from the Apache tarball, letting it use its default directory (/usr/local/apache2). It wouldn't run; it kept complaining that it couldn't find /usr/local/etc/apache2/mime.types, even though that path was not in Apache's standard tree at all! Not sure what is going on here. Any ideas?
>
>--Brett

One guess is you might try building apache2 from the ports, and
immediately followed by the tarball you downloaded. I know that doesn't
solve the problem, but it may side step it for the time being...

When I get a few spare minutes, I shall attempt to build it and see
what's happening.

--
Cheers,
Mikel

  • Re: Apache 1.3.26 port
    ... At 06:56 PM 6/19/2002, Mikel King wrote: ... >Two suggestions from my own experience with working with Apache...kick the default conf and driectory tree to the curb. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Apache 1.3.26 port
    ... On Jun 19, Brett Glass wrote: ... >>Two suggestions from my own experience with working with Apache...kick the default conf and driectory tree to the curb. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)