Re: Apache 1.3.26 port

From: Jonathan Arnold (jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Date: 06/19/02

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:23:59 -0400
From: "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG

>I would consider this semi-correct, at least from my experience. The data
>directories ARE seperated out. Notice that there is a data.default and a

I, in fact, just went through this and would beg to differ. It is not
very kind to delete a complete directory tree without any warning, either
when you install (something like "data.default *WILL BE REPLACED ON
UPGRADE*") or it should check on upgrade and not remove it if it is there.
I lost my entire web site with nary a peep, and luckily had the most important
stuff on another computer.

Nothing, anywhere, says anything about data.default getting overwritten /
replaced on upgrade.

--
Jonathan Arnold             (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
The Incredible Brightness of Seeing, a Home Theater weblog

  • Re: Apache 1.3.26 port
    ... Jonathan Arnold wrote: ... >>I would consider this semi-correct, ... > UPGRADE*") or it should check on upgrade and not remove it if it is there. ... > I lost my entire web site with nary a peep, and luckily had the most important ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: asus a7v600-x
    ... also don't usually upgrade until double my previous setup is affordable. ... bundles on that example Canadian web site, include motherboards I would ... : the reviews. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Upgrading to 2007 or 2003
    ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... I'm would like to upgrade to Word 2007 (standalone or Office Small ... Can a standalone upgrade be purchased anywhere? ... & Student versions of '03 or '07 will not work. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: InternetExplorer6+internet=problems
    ... Some Web Site Services Do Not Work After You Upgrade to Internet Explorer 6 ... Some Web site services may not work properly after you upgrade to any of the ... Web site may suggest that you need to enable cookies or upgrade your browser ...
  • Re: Cannot upgrade Default Web Site extensions for Frontpage
    ... it's a problem with your SBS 2003 installation then maybe the SBS newsgroup ... Is there any easy simple and safe way to upgrade the Default Web Site from ... I have an SBS2003 server up and running and am trying to add several areas ...