Re: Apache 1.3.26 port

From: Jonathan Arnold (jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Date: 06/19/02

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:23:59 -0400
From: "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG

>I would consider this semi-correct, at least from my experience. The data
>directories ARE seperated out. Notice that there is a data.default and a

I, in fact, just went through this and would beg to differ. It is not
very kind to delete a complete directory tree without any warning, either
when you install (something like "data.default *WILL BE REPLACED ON
UPGRADE*") or it should check on upgrade and not remove it if it is there.
I lost my entire web site with nary a peep, and luckily had the most important
stuff on another computer.

Nothing, anywhere, says anything about data.default getting overwritten /
replaced on upgrade.

--
Jonathan Arnold             (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
The Incredible Brightness of Seeing, a Home Theater weblog