Re: MPD & MPPE LCP not converging

From: Patrick Brennan (patrickb@advantagegroup.co.nz)
Date: 06/11/02

From: "Patrick Brennan" <patrickb@advantagegroup.co.nz>
To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:31:28 +1200

I have now cross posted this question to freebsd-ports. I originally
posted the question to security as I have seen similar questions in
the freebsd-security archive that have been answered by the
maintainer of mpd. I propose that we now end this thread as three
people exchanging blows is not productive and only serves to
inflame tempers.

Kind regards
Patrick Brennan

On 10 Jun 2002 at 10:50, Travis Stevenson wrote:

> Brett,
>
> Actually, If you look at the question. It says:
>
> > Has anyone had problems with MPD and MPPE (win2K clients -
> > 128bit SP 2) before?
>
> This is definitely a howto question.
>
> He is not saying there is a security problem with MPD,
>
> Even if was a technical bug it still not a security problem. As I am
> currently not aware of any exploits or authentication and algorithm
> problems.
>
> If he were to come in saying that he was able to bring up a link without
> authentication even though he has set it up properly. Then this would
> fit.
>
> This doesn't fit here.
>
> --
> Travis Stevenson
> Maverik Country Stores, Inc.
> Afton, Wyoming
>

> On Sun, 2002-06-09 at 19:02, Brett Glass wrote:
> > At 05:16 PM 6/7/2002, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >
> > >Support questions about security, like the ever-popular
> > >"How do I use IPFW?" absolutely do not belong here.
> >
> > I happen to agree with you. But his wasn't a newbie question.
> >
> > --Brett

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message

  • Re: why do iceweasel et al have more frequent security issues?
    ... finding a security problem and reporting it. ... security alerts exist does _NOT_ mean that konq is more secure. ... CAR ANALOGY! ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Latency of security notifications
    ... > words to the effect of "Be aware that this security problem exists, ... > without having to read all of freebsd-security, ... Kris, what do you think about this? ... Other people usually send copies of third party advisories to this ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Something strange in a 4.2 FreeBSD Box
    ... Roberto Samarone Araujo (RSA) wrote: ... >> your Hard drive is failing around your swap space. ... > In case you haven't noticed, this is freebsd-security and not freebsd-questions. ... > Thank you for not asking or answering questions that are not related to security. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Security Advice Wanted!
    ... What would one do in the event of a security compromise scenario like ... You have a serious security problem. ... After another reboot for installing more security tools you get ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: ISA on DC
    ... And with SBS is remains a major security problem IMHO. ... Tom and Deb Shinder's Configuring ISA Server 2004 ... If you are configuring a business that would be a popular target ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)