Re: MPD & MPPE LCP not converging

From: Brett Glass (brett@lariat.org)
Date: 06/08/02

Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 16:43:02 -0600
To: Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
From: Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>

At 10:38 PM 6/6/2002, Doug Barton wrote:

>> It's related to security because it involves situations in which encryption
>> is inserted into PPP at the CCP (compression) layer.
>
>Sorry, that's an application problem, not a security problem.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. When security software fails to work,
it's a security problem.

--Brett

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Email Appliances
    ... > That would be layer 9, since the layer 8 security problem is, simply, ... > with basic layering principles. ... No, no, no, users are physical layer devices that cause layer 8 problems. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Email Appliances
    ... > Political layer. ... That would be layer 9, since the layer 8 security problem is, simply, ... with basic layering principles. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: MPD & MPPE LCP not converging
    ... It's related to security because it involves situations in which encryption ... is inserted into PPP at the CCP layer. ... encryption AND compression rather than just one or the other.... ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)