Tripwire for Dummies

From: Jan Lentfer (Jan.Lentfer@web.de)
Date: 06/28/02

From: Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
To: FreeBSD Security Mailling List <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: 28 Jun 2002 18:01:48 +0200

Hi all,

could someone be so kind and point my nose to a configuration How-To of
Tripwire for a dummie like me?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jan Lentfer

  • RE: Sun OS 5.10 configuration check
    ... There are a bunch of products in the marketplace that do this (including ... products from nCircle, tripwire, and a bunch of others). ... Sun OS 5.10 configuration check ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Installing Tripwire
    ... "Error: configuration parameter $TWPOLICY undefined." ... There is some good information on how to set up tripwire at; ... Passphrases should be at least 8 characters in length ... Signing policy file... ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: ipnat.conf oddity
    ... > accident that this configuration works on my system. ... FreeBSD: The Power To Serve - http://www.FreeBSD.org ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Tripwire for Dummies
    ... I read that it was best to move the tripwire database to a read-only ... Is it better to clean up the configuration and by that shrink ... security related, but maybe it would fit in newbie,too;) ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Tripwire for Dummies
    ... In message, Jan Lentfer writes: ... > could someone be so kind and point my nose to a configuration How-To of ... I'm assuming you're talking about configuring the Tripwire 2.3 port, ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)