Re: OpenSSH_3.4p1

From: Dag-Erling Smorgrav (des@ofug.org)
Date: 06/28/02

To: "[brano]" <brano@zahrobie.sk>
From: Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Date: 28 Jun 2002 11:13:40 +0200

"[brano]" <brano@zahrobie.sk> writes:
> I install OpenSSH_3.4p1 to my FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE but it doesn't support
> compression.

There's a bug in the configure script that causes it to believe
FreeBSD doesn't have a working mmap(2) syscall.

DES

--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org

  • /etc/resolv.conf getting over written with dhcp
    ... FreeBSD shastry.eudaemonicsystems.net 8.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE ... nameserver 208.67.222.222 ... Digging further, was looking at the scripts under /etc/rc.d, found /etc/rc.d/named to be another script creating the /etc/resolv.conf and this was in the routine named_precmd. ... rm -f $tmpres ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: trouble with a script
    ... Your snippet of code doesn't look like sh on FreeBSD. ... Basically, I want my script to prompt me for two inputs, then append to ... The user input would be "domain.com", ... is how we set up a client's site on our servers. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: sysrc -- a sysctl(8)-like utility for managing /etc/rc.conf et. al.
    ... If you had to administer thousands of FreeBSD systems, ... serviceclearly doesn't do what this script does. ... I check for the presence of them with $PATH expansion. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: trouble with a script
    ... Your snippet of code doesn't look like sh on FreeBSD. ... Basically, I want my script to prompt me for two inputs, then append to ... The user input would be "domain.com", ... is how we set up a client's site on our servers. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: trouble with a script
    ... freeBSD servers by writing a script. ... Your snippet of code doesn't look like sh on FreeBSD. ... Basically, I want my script to prompt me for two inputs, then append to ...
    (comp.unix.shell)