new sshd 3.4p1

From: alexus (alexus@alexus.org)
Date: 06/27/02

From: "alexus" <alexus@alexus.org>
To: <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 01:27:47 -0400

any ideas why am i geting this ?

[c] /usr/local/src/openssh-3.4p1# /usr/local/sbin/sshd
This platform does not support both privilege separation and compression
Compression disabled
[c] /usr/local/src/openssh-3.4p1#

[c] ~# id sshd
uid=999(sshd) gid=999(sshd) groups=999(sshd)
[c] ~# ls -ld /var/empty/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 512 Jun 21 19:15 /var/empty/
[c] ~#

this is new open sshd 3.4p1

thanks in advance

  • Re: Using SSH from 5.0.7 on earlier releases
    ... I have recieved the message "This platform does not support ... both privilege separation and compression. ... Also I'd suggest running sshd in debug mode to see if you can get some ... > support both privilege separation and compression. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Minix 3.1.2, sshd, and SecureCRT
    ... compare against the sshd log output previously supplied: ... 'sshd -d' when a client is connecting says step-by-step what it's ... Well I have no forwarding enabled. ... However, I'll communicate this to Vandyke Software, because maybe they too are doing something they shouldn't like checking for forwarding support even though none is required. ...
    (comp.os.minix)
  • Re: PAM based authentication?
    ... standard is too scattered and actually caused more headache for support. ... On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Anurag Bhatia wrote: ... > PAM support as NO. Doesn't sshd use PAM by default???? ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Why was suid support dropped in perl?
    ... Because then I would have to support public key rhost based ... supporting sudo. ... tell somebody to turn on remote access for the root account for sshd, ... expect them to understand the security consequences of having suidperl ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Disbaling direct remote root logins using SSH
    ... >> sshd. ... >> If you look at TCPDyou will see that inetd is required for its ... sources and compile it manually with tcp_wrappers support. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)