Re: Hogwash

From: Jarkko Santala (jake@iki.fi)
Date: 06/25/02

Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:48:53 +0300 (EEST)
From: Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>
To: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org>

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> By holding this information back for a few more days, we are
> permitting a very important protocol to be upgraded in an immune way,
> OR YOU CAN TURN IT OFF NOW.

You have mentioned this "turn it off" solution more than twice. Is this
your official answer to any exploits in OpenSSH? Can I quote you on this?

How do you figure this works for commercial companies that need secsh
connections for business critical needs up and running 24x7?

        -jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64

  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] RE: [ISN] DARPA pulls OpenBSD funding
    ... > Agree with Theo. ... agenda of the U.S. government. ... De Raadt really has no room at all to say "In the U.S. today, ... "economic punishment", and "legal punishment". ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Girl Genius - 10/13/2008
    ... holding his zappy stick was his own right hand, ... Theo or Sleipnir must be ... Theo, though we didn't see the handoff, because... ... balancing the deathray. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Hogwash
    ... >> By holding this information back for a few more days, ... >> permitting a very important protocol to be upgraded in an immune way, ... > connections for business critical needs up and running 24x7? ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Linux is not secure - Proof
    ... Theo de Raadt wrote: ... <snipped lots of M$-sponsored FUD> ... Please don't feed this troll. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Just Ordered an Aureon Fun 5.1 Sound Card
    ... > Theo de Raadt wrote: ... >> What are you going to do with your SB card. ... > Throw it in the garbarge. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)