Re: cvsup/install over ssh?

From: Crist J. Clark (cjc@FreeBSD.ORG)
Date: 05/07/02

Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 22:23:44 -0700
From: "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.ORG>
To: SolarfluX <solarflux@ziplip.com>

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 02:05:48PM -0700, SolarfluX wrote:
> Why doesn't cvsup have the option to be encrypted via ssh like anoncvs does?
>
> How about an option to install over an encrypted connection?
>
> Would anyone consider implementing either of these suggestions?

There's built in SOCKS support.

                                   |     cjclark@jhu.edu

  • cvsup/install over ssh?
    ... Why doesn't cvsup have the option to be encrypted via ssh like anoncvs does? ... How about an option to install over an encrypted connection? ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Secure Recording *PART 2* can you test me on this one?
    ... The VPN buys you nothing over an encrypted connection like ssh, ... C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis." ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: SSH vs encrypted passwords
    ... The password is never transmitted to the remote system in SSH. ... >it does call crypt() when you use a password authenticated login. ... >send over an encrypted connection) ... so all encryption is done starting with the host key ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Ssh performance penalty over WANs?
    ... A VPN is fine or becoming part of that LAN, ... encrypted connection. ... PKI, whereas ssh does not. ... I'm not sure how SSL would be any more efficient than using SSH. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... You know that ssh reads the ... individual keystrokes are almost surely being relayed to the remote ... The whole point of ssh is to establish an encrypted connection. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)