IPFW/IPsec

From: Charles Henrich (henrich@sigbus.com)
Date: 04/16/02

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 23:11:46 -0700
From: Charles Henrich <henrich@sigbus.com>
To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

Im trying to do something trivial here, but I just cant seem to figure out
whats going on. Im trying to build a gateway that only accepts ESP tunnel
packets. When I enable firewall rules something like:

/sbin/ipfw add allow udp from any to any isakmp via xl0
/sbin/ipfw add allow esp from any to any via xl0
/sbin/ipfw add deny all from any to any via xl0
/sbin/ipfw add allow all from any to any

Communications fails. The thing is, I cant figure out why.

I have xl0 internetaddressed, and dc0 internal network addressed, with a gif0
tunnel setup for the ipsec tunneling. Suggestions?

Thanks!

-Crh

       Charles Henrich henrich@msu.edu

                       http://www.sigbus.com:81/~henrich

  • Re: IPFW/IPsec
    ... Im trying to build a gateway that only accepts ESP tunnel ... CH> /sbin/ipfw add allow udp from any to any isakmp via xl0 ... I cant figure out why. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: 26 Years !!
    ... Bloody ell. ... cant remember nuffin. ... went to France today by P&O because it was cheaper than the ... it it a mile cheaper than the tunnel especially as we have season tickets ...
    (uk.local.kent)
  • Re: 26 Years !!
    ... Bloody ell. ... cant remember nuffin. ... went to France today by P&O because it was cheaper than the ... it a mile cheaper than the tunnel especially as we have season tickets ...
    (uk.local.kent)
  • Re: do you ever find
    ... relate the symptoms seemed to go in my favour. ... Now feel there is a glimmer ... of light at the end of the tunnel. ... I cant remember doing anything else. ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)