Re: Verifying that a security patch has done it's thing...

From: Jacques A. Vidrine (nectar@FreeBSD.ORG)
Date: 04/09/02

Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:21:27 -0500
From: "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.ORG>
To: X Philius <>

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 10:18:17AM -0700, X Philius wrote:
[deletia ... thanks for the kind words!]

> I assume I can find the PID by running ps -x as well,
> correct? It would be the process ID for /usr/sbin/sshd...

Well, there will be more than one instance of sshd: the master, plus
one for every active SSH connection. You don't want to shoot the
wrong process, especially if SSH is your primary or only means of
accessing the box. :-)

Jacques A. Vidrine <>
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos     .  .
To Unsubscribe: send mail to