IPSec (IKE negotiation)

From: Cameron S. Watters (cameron@toolhouse.com)
Date: 03/12/02

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:12:08 -0800
From: "Cameron S. Watters" <cameron@toolhouse.com>
To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

Hello all,

NOTE: I don't subscribe, so please copy me in directly to any response.

I'm trying to setup an IPSec using FreeBSD on my end. I'm having trouble,
however, getting it to use the correct local IP address to originate the
IKE negotiation from my end. The address that I'd like to be used is an
alias of my external interface, however racoon seems to insist upon using
the primary address assigned to the NIC. Adding a NIC is not an option. Is
there any way to force racoon to use the correct external address?

My second question would be: If the answer to the above is "no", then
would using isakmpd instead of racoon help me solve this problem?

--cam

  • Re: IPSEC interoperability with Win2K client?
    ... w2k with racoon and ipsec works. ... dialin server on freebsd. ... IPSEC interoperability with Win2K client? ... > of keys isn't possible - all keys signed by approved CA are ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • vpn1/fw1 NG to ipsec/racoon troubles, help please ...
    ... I have a freebsd related ipsec question. ... checkpoint box and tunnel into our network from home. ... VPN1 side is set up to reflect my freebsd configuration. ... racoon configuration parameters are set to 3des,md5,w/pfs ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Fun with IPSEC and racoon - 5.2.1
    ... I've been having some fun with IPSEC, owing to the need to put in a VPN ... sure I could do this end with one of out FreeBSD boxen. ... I set up IPSEC (with keying provided by Racoon) between my desktop ... 00200 deny ip from any to 127.0.0.0/8 ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • roaming ipsec policies and racoon
    ... I am currently trying playing with IPSEC and racoon to provide a secure ... They all use either freebsd or windows 2k/XP clients. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • IPSec (IKE negotiation)
    ... I'm trying to setup an IPSec using FreeBSD on my end. ... alias of my external interface, however racoon seems to insist upon using ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)