Re: Intrusion Detection

From: Koga Youichirou (y-koga@jp.FreeBSD.org)
Date: 03/13/02

Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:23:39 +0900 (JST)
To: tshaw@hfx.eastlink.ca
From: Koga Youichirou <y-koga@jp.FreeBSD.org>

"Tyler Shaw" <tshaw@hfx.eastlink.ca>:
> Anyone know of an intrusion detection system for FreeBSD??

There are some IDSs:
o snort (GPL) <http://www.snort.org/>
o Enterasys Dragon (commercial product)<http://www.enterasys.com/ids/>

-- Koga, Youichirou

  • Re: Is FreeBSDs tar susceptible to this?
    ... It would have been just as likely to happen in BSD tar, ... This is not because of the BSDL or GPL though. ... have had security problems. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: New to Snort.
    ... On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Peter Brezny wrote: ... > I'm new to using snort, and would like to know if this is the appropriate ... "FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!" ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Snort problem.
    ... But the snort does nothing: not log or alert scans, portscans, ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • IDS
    ... program named Hogwash which uses the snort ... Can anyone perhaps recommend another program and/or method to do this. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • ipfw and snort
    ... I would like to run snort on my ppp link to my ISP to see what people are ... but I also have a set of ipfw rules to allow only the traffic I ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)